The 2017 instalment of the Royal Show in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, was a rip-roaring success of note. An estimated total of 124,664 show goers made their way through the gates over the 10 days that the Royal Show ran, with over 430 exhibitors promoting their wares throughout the Royal Agricultural Showgrounds. Royal Show 2018 is shaping up to be just as successful, if not more, making exhibiting at Royal Show 2018 a seriously sound business decision. Here’s what happened last year:
- The 5D cinema was a hit with moving seats, 3D glasses, wind, rain and snow. Screams of joy could be heard coming from within the mobile cinema at any given time.
- The 500 Year Anniversary of the Reform exhibition went down like a hammer to a nail on the door, as Martin Luther enthusiasts were treated to four days of interesting lectures on the father of the Gutenberg Press.
- Little ones were allowed to don white lab coats and oversized goggles at the Fun Science Secret Lab exhibition, as they experimented with dangerous substances such as peppermints and diet cola.
- The river stage hosted three days of interesting lectures on sharks by the KZN Sharks Board, teaching parents and children alike about the feeding habits, reproduction processes, and sensory habits of the oceans’ fiercest predators.
- Ever heard of the Veteran Car Club of South Africa? They were at last year’s show, wowing onlookers with four-wheeled rides including the 1904 Cadillac, the 1928 Austin Chummy, and the 1956 Triumph TR2 to name a few.
- The theme of last year’s Royal Symphony Concert was Andrew Lloyd Webber and friends, as some of the most talented classical musicians South Africa has to offer converged on one stage and sent chills down the spines of all in attendance.
- Love a little rock music? So do we! Last year’s Royal Rock Concert started off with The Black Lapels, then came arguably the best blues guitarist in the Southern Hemisphere, Dan Patlansky, followed by Just Jinjer frontman, Ard Matthews, and headlining the rock show was hip-hop duo Locnville. Keen to see who’s on the line-up this year? Keep an eye on our social media!
- Sunday the 4th of June saw the Royal Afrikaans Music Concert take place on the main stage, with acts including Derrich Gardner, Lee Vaughn, Wynand en Cherie, Anton Goosen, and funny man Robbie Wessels.
A plethora of animal shows were held throughout Royal Show 2017, so if you’re an animal lover – you’ll want to be at this year’s instalment! Animals on display included:
- Miniature horses
- Indigenous African horses
- Cage birds
Last year’s Royal Show exhibitor compliment was crammed to the brim with South African heavyweights, including:
- Talisman Hire
- Ola Ice Cream
- Damelin College
- Coca Cola Beverages
- Oscar Meats
Exhibit at Royal Show 2018
While the above names might be heavy hitters in the South African commercial market place, exhibition spots are open to all South African businesses looking to improve on brand exposure. Who knows, this year’s Royal Show might be the launch pad you’ve been waiting for. Find out more about exhibiting at the Royal Show 2018 here.