Jeremy Loops to Rock the Royal Show 2016
We’re pleased to announce that our headline act for this year’s Royal Rock is 4-piece artist band Jeremy Loops.
Jeremy Loops comprises frontman Jeremy Hewitt, vocalist/rapper Motheo Moleko, Jamie Faull on sax/keys/drums and Sean O’Tim on bass/drums.
This Cape Town band’s eclectic style borrows liberally from jazz, rock, folk and hip hop, defying genre constraints. When performing life, Jeremy creates loops and layers these loops with various instruments, including guitars, harmonicas, banjos, as well as by beatboxing. Together, the band brings a completely different, positive sound to a new school of alternative folk music.
More about Jeremy Loops’ Music
- Jeremy Loops’ debut album Trading Change hit number one on SA iTunes on release, spending nearly two months in the top spot
- The first two singles have charted #1 hit and top 5 hit with Radio Edits
- Gold record in South Africa
- The song Power was used in Samsung campaign, and won the SA Publisher’s Award for Best Song in an International Campaign.
- Jeremy Loops are signed to Yebo music/ADA in USA.
- Winner of the Best Solo Act and Best Live Act in South Africa at the MK Music Awards.
Memorable Performances by Jeremy Loops
- In 2013/4, Jeremy Loops performed at MUSEXPO in Los Angeles, the Great Escape in Brighton, World Music Festival in Delhi and Mumbai, the Secret Garden Party in the UK and MAMA in Paris and Prague
- They’ve played sold-out performance at the Islington Assembly Hall, London, the Webster Music Hall and the Brooklyn Ballroom, New York City
- During the UK summer, they played three festivals on the main stage – Wilderness, Somersault and Nozstock
- In November 2015, Jeremy Loops was the opening act for American duo Twenty One Pilots on a regional UK and European 12-date tour
- The bands is all set for their third 20-city US tour later this year
In addition to a large fan base in their home country, Jeremy Loops has extensive social awareness in the USA, UK, Germany, Netherlands. The band’s been enthusiastically embraced by the vloggin community, including Ben Brown, FunForLauries, Alfie Deyes and others, helping them reach approximately 10 million YouTube subscribers.
Listen in on Soundcloud, and check out a few of Jeremy Loops’ videos here:
For more information contact: Damon Forbes –Breakout Management/ firstname.lastname@example.org